Secure, Private & Protected Health Information
Medivo ensures that the handling of sensitive or confidential information will meet the high standards expected from healthcare professionals.
Protected Health Information
Medivo implements rigorous security and privacy standards to safely protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information. Such standards are required to be followed by every person working for Medivo – without exception.
Medivo imposes strict physical safeguards to control access to protected health information.
- Medivo’s facilities are fully secure with 24/7 security coverage and constant monitoring.
- Medivo requires its personnel to adhere to strict policies on workstation usage, media connection, and device controls.
- Medivo imposes comprehensive administrative safeguards which address risk analysis and management, information clearance, and security awareness.
- All personnel working for Medivo must pass security training certification courses administered by an independent third party.
- Medivo’s network is constantly monitored for possible intrusion of deleterious or harmful viruses.
- Medivo’s technical safeguards constantly monitor access points and data integrity to ensure that protected health information is preserved.
Medivo preserves the full confidentiality of protected health information it handles in accordance with the expectations of its business partners. All protected health information is treated consistent with applicable laws, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 to the extent applicable to Medivo and the protected health information it handles – such information is fully encrypted. All personnel working for Medivo must pass privacy training certification courses administered by an independent third party, and adhere to strict policies and agreements which prohibit their disclosure of protected health information.
Medivo ensures that its practices, operations and policies are at all times consistent with its goal of preserving the special requirements for sensitive or confidential information of its business partners. The company’s security and privacy procedures have been established within highest industry standards and protocols. At Medivo, we ensure our security and privacy commitments are responsive to the needs of all of our business partners.
Medivo’s security design, controls and operations have been audited by an independent certified public accounting firm who rendered a SSAE 16 Type 2 audit report in accordance with AICPA guidelines without noted exceptions. Medivo’s handling of protected health information is consistent with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) federal government applicable guidelines.